Posting Error: Source Not Balanced for Invoice with Landed Cost Distribution
The posting error above occurs occasionally in cases where the invoice line amount does not equal the sum of landed cost distribution amounts in the Invoice=>Invoice Line=>Landed Cost Allocation sub-tab
due to minor rounding differences. I experience this error when using cost distribution=costs but I expect the same issue to occur for all other distribution methods (e.g. weight)
Costing Method=Average PO
1. Create Invoice for Landed Costs
2. Invoice=>Invoice Line=> Price = 2,900.01
3. Invoice=>Invoice Line=>Landed Costs, Enter MR document in field "Receipt". My MR document contains 3 receipt lines.
4. Push "Distribute costs"
5. Invoice=>Invoice Line=>Landed Cost Allocation. 3 distribution lines have been created with the following amounts (see screenshot):
At this point, all cost distribution amounts add up to the invoice line amount, that is, 2,900.01.
When posting these cost lines, the system rounds these amounts to 2 decimals:
The total posting amount from the cost distribution lines adds up to 2,900.02.
There is now a difference of .01 between the cost distribution lines (2,900.02) and the invoice amount (2,900.01)
6. Posting the invoice results in posting error: Source Not Balanced.
Ideally, the distribution logic would compare total cost distribution amounts with invoice line amount and add the minor difference (in my example 0.01) to the last distribution line.