1. Costing method=Average PO
2. Create a purchase order for a product
3. Record vendor invoice using Invoice (Vendor) in June 2017, but you don’t perform MR in June 2017.
4. In June 2017, after completing the vendor invoice the system also generates a Matched PO with account date June 2017. Posting the Matched PO results in a posting error: Posting Error (No posting if not matched to Shipment). The system needs to wait for the MR to be performed in order to successfully post a matched PO and update the costing tables => OK
5. Period June 2017 is closed.
6. The goods arrive in July 2017 and MR is posted in July 2017. The system now tries to post the Matched PO generated in step 4. with posting date June 2017 resulting in the following error message:
Posting Error: Period Closed (Re-) Open Period or change Accounting Date - .Doc_MatchPO (MXP - DocumentNo=1000001, DateAcct=2017-06-13, ......)
Solution to be implemented: The matched po should be posted with the MR's accounting date. When matching MR to the PO, the match po's accounting date should be updated to the MR's accounting date.