Region field in Tax Rate window default OR when default country is not USA

Description

As found when a new record is created in Tax Rate window the default value for the Region field is always OR. This becomes a bug when the default country is not USA and OR is not part of the region, but it still sets it.


<druiz> @CarlosRuiz, there's a bug in Tax rate window, when the client's default country is different to USA and you create a new Tax Rate, the Region is set to OR. I tested it locally with Germany as default country and in test.idempiere with "Client AJ IND" which has India as default country
<druiz> same behavior in both cases
<CarlosRuiz> druiz if in the end you have in the database a region from a different country - I think that's a bug
<CarlosRuiz> solution can be to set default for C_Region_ID to -1
<CarlosRuiz> but what sounds strange is that the region field must have a dynamic validation - so the list must not contain that record - that can be another bug if the list is allowing regions that doesn't fulfill dynamic validation
<druiz> When you delete the OR from the field and save
<druiz> The region list is shown correctly, in my case all the German regions without OR
<CarlosRuiz> try changing the default to -1
<druiz> @CarlosRuiz it seems like the -1 as default works

Environment

local - test.idempiere.com - demo.globalqss.com

Activity

Show:
Carlos Ruiz
July 15, 2015, 3:30 PM

Attaching a possible workaround tested for the AD_OrgInfo issue found.
IDEMPIERE-2672_v0_workaround.patch

Not the complete solution, but the workaround at least allows to edit the orginfo record.

can you please confirm?

Eduardo Gil
July 15, 2015, 4:33 PM

Hi

I test the patch and it works and save perfect.

The only isue i saw was that in the grid view of org_info does not put the name of the fiel but ad_org_id.

Regards,

Eduardo Gil
July 15, 2015, 4:38 PM

Other thing to consider is that the org wrong saved before give me this error when i select one of them

jul 15, 2015 11:36:49 AM org.adempiere.webui.adwindow.ADTabpanel navigateTo
ADVERTENCIA: Tab does not have ID with Node_ID=1000004
jul 15, 2015 11:36:49 AM org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl handleError:1359
GRAVE: >>org.adempiere.exceptions.AdempiereException: El registro no se encuentra en la búsqueda actual
>> at org.adempiere.webui.adwindow.ADTabpanel.navigateTo(ADTabpanel.java:1199)
>> at org.adempiere.webui.adwindow.ADTabpanel.onEvent(ADTabpanel.java:1075)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.onEvent(AbstractComponent.java:2742)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.service(AbstractComponent.java:2713)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.service(AbstractComponent.java:2654)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process(EventProcessor.java:136)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.processEvent(UiEngineImpl.java:1717)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.process(UiEngineImpl.java:1502)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.UiEngineImpl.execUpdate(UiEngineImpl.java:1212)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.au.http.DHtmlUpdateServlet.process(DHtmlUpdateServlet.java:600)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.au.http.DHtmlUpdateServlet.doGet(DHtmlUpdateServlet.java:482)
>> at org.zkoss.zk.au.http.DHtmlUpdateServlet.doPost(DHtmlUpdateServlet.java:491)
>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:185)
>> at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:151)
>> at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>> at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
>> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:269)
>> at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
>> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:302)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Carlos Ruiz
October 5, 2015, 1:30 PM

This ticket is creating issues reported with many users using multiple organizations.

Carlos Ruiz
October 11, 2015, 5:44 PM

Solved

Assignee

Carlos Ruiz

Reporter

Diego Ruiz

Labels

None

Tested By

None

Affects versions

Priority

Blocker
Configure