I created an installation package from the actual developer version (using Eclipse Luna). Then I installed that and started the server. Then I used the OSGi console (on port 12612) to install a new plugin. The plugin worked and everything seemed ok. But after a restart of the server the plugin was gone. The same issue is when I use the Apache Felix console to install the plugin. - it works, but after a server restart it is like it has never been there.
It seems that the bug was introduced between 2.1 and 3.0/developer. Perhaps it has to do with the many changes around the platform upgrade (IDEMPIERE-2245).
(I did not try if the problem is there when you use the jenkins daily snapshot installer.)