System issues matched Invoice Posting Error message "Failed to create reversal entry" when reversing MR (and indirectly creating matched invoice reversal document) before 1st Matched Invoice was posted. The issue can be simulated as follows:
Costing Method=Average PO
1. Create Purchase Order for a product
2. Create MR (1) =>Creates a Matched PO and accounting engine posts the document and matched PO=>OK
3. Create Vendor Invoice=>A matched invoice document is created but not yet posted because the accounting engine didn't run yet.
4. Reverse/Correct MR(1) immediately after invoice in step 3. A matched invoice reversal document is created.
5. The Accounting Engine runs but posting fails for both matched invoice documents with the above error.
6. Trying to repost the documents manually results in the same error message.
The only way to resolve this issue is to delete reversal_id in matched invoice and matched invoice reversal document and then matched invoice=>Process Delete.
triaged by Patric Massing
I think it is solved in current version because documents are posted immediately
Hi Patric, I still get the same error in 7.1.
Please note, Client_Accounting=Q. Please note: in step 3. vendor invoice is not posted immediately, being picked up by the posting engine later.
Vendor invoice, 1st matched invoice and 2nd matched invoice (from MR reversal) are posted in the next posting engine run. Vendor invoice posts correctly but both matched invoices still end up in posting error.
yes, sorry !
no worries, thanks.